Wednesday, April 13, 2016

ONE THING THAT WILL IMPROVE YOUR SAXOPHONE PLAYING

And -- everybody can do it.

It's a simple adjustment-- in fact, you will be amazed at just how simple it is. But then again, much change leading to improvement often comes from the simplest of life re-alignments.

Here it comes. Ready?

Practice every day at the same time and in the same place.

I learned this the hard way...by allowing outside influences to dictate my practice schedule. I ended up practicing whenever and wherever, which led to a general decline in my focus and skills.

Me? I hit it at 8 am every morning and I use the guest bathroom so I can isolate my sound, not wake up the neighbors, and use the mirror. My metronome is right there on the counter.

Many of you who have used the guest bathroom at my house have probably wondered, but that's my routine.

Is it always easy? No -- especially not after a late night gig.

But, it works.  Try it, and see for yourselves.




saxophone lessons, better practice, technique, woodwinds, private lessons, metronome

No comments:

Post a Comment