Monday, January 23, 2017


So This New Idea of Mine, It Comes in Fives

I'm working towards creating a new blog, which probably means the end of this blog format, and I want your input, okay?

The new deal: instead of weekly posts by me about what or how to practice and so on, instead I plan to post interviews with pro sax players.

Short interviews, highly curated, in which you get to read answers to five questions about how they approach practicing, landing gigs, their own professional development, sound, writing, equipment, and so on.

No more Dave rants, in other words.

Your thoughts: would this be something you would read and even look forward to?

The concept works in my head, at least, because it not incorporates my curiosity and love of the horn, but includes my 20-year background as a professional pop culture journalist as well. Over the years, I have interviewed thousands of musicians; my Rolodex file is overflowing with names and phone numbers.

I'm in the early development round of this concept, and I'm open to any and all suggestions. And visit me at SaxLessonsSanDiego.com for updates and more information.

If all goes according to plan, I expect to have this up and running by the beginning of summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment